Photo

Npr All Songs Considered: Project Song (stephin Merritt) (2007)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KBB

KBB

Tangiers Governor

• Select Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts
  • Interests:Survival

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

NPR All Songs Considered: Project Song (Stephin Merritt) (2007)

Notable Stars: Stephin Merritt

Director: John W. Poole

Producer: Bob Boilon

Description: (From KBB) this review is for NPRís Project Song Video where Stephin Merrit was a guest. You can watch the video to get the full premise (its only 10 min) of the project, but in short, an artist needs to make a song in two days after looking at 5 photos and 5 words for inspiration.

Funny Quotient (100): N/A. This is more of a documentary.

Rewatchability (100): 80/100. I personally think there is a lot of Rewatchability for the standpoint that is shows the entire process of song making from inspiration to final editing.

Cinematography (100): N/A I think this was an effort to chronicle this song writing process, and not tell a story with pictures.

Story/Plot Line (100): N/A.

Novelty (100): 90/100. A great idea. Itís interesting to see how some of these artists work.

Intangibles (100) 90/100. In a world dominated by Autotune and ProTools, its good to see real musicians challenged to create a product that they are proud of in ways that they never have before.

Overall (100): 85/100. A great, short documentary on the music creation process. I think any fan of any type of music would appreciate this. Please support NPR and view the video link found within the story featured here:

http://www.npr.org/t...toryId=15859351
"Be somebody, be a ho." - Eddie Murphy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users