Photo

Tangiers Pico Bowl

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#1 Sonthert

Sonthert

President of Tangiers, Merchant of Death

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,946 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

Some people are beginning to see these new Pico bowls in samples.

Two design points I want to mention:

1. The phunnel holes are smaller...to limit airflow so the bowl doesn't go "burny" when taking a full hit like you see on Alien Phunnels and knock-off bowls. Too large a hole on a small bowl makes the charcoal heat up too much in relation to the size of the tobacco available to vaporize and scorches the tobacco.

2. The bowl sides are straighter, making a more cylindrical bowl, to reduce tapering smoke volume that you see in larger bowls (due to the smaller diameter further down). So the bowl will have a flat, full smoke volume until it dies.

They will be released in regular production soon.

It'll Happen to you, too.

#2 vendetta_revived

vendetta_revived

Tangiers Affiliate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

Can't think of an appropriate response, so:-

YYYYAAAYYYYYY!! :Drop Gob:

#3 Sonthert

Sonthert

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,946 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

P.S.

There have been some problems getting the clay to shrink to the right size, so we are working on getting the size right. The samples I sent out are pretty close.

#4 Ashley

Ashley

Tangiers Expert

• Select Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts
  • Interests:A.K.A. Skoozle

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

How much tobacco do these hold?

How doesthe smoke quality compare to your other Phunnel bowls (mini, small, medium, large)?

Zero Carbs, Zero Calories, Fat Free.
Tobacco is the healthiest indulgence you can treat yourself to.

#5 Sonthert

Sonthert

• Root Admin
  • 5,946 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hopefully 12-15g.

The smoke is thinner, of course, than larger bowls, but good.

#6 Chreees

Chreees

Tangiers Knight

• Select Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,363 posts
  • Interests:Hookah, Movies, TV, PS3.

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

This is excellent news considering I have been wanting the Minis to release retail for a long time now! I'd say this is even better than Minis going retail... Now instead of people having to settle for the Crown Micro or Alien, they will have the best. :)

In other words, you're awesome, Eric.

Congrats to those that got them in their samples!

#7 KrAppLE JaXX

KrAppLE JaXX

Tangiers Affiliate

• 124 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

Awesome work Eric! I am very interested in these bowls, they look like they are perfect!

#8 king_lunchb0x

king_lunchb0x

Tangiers Affiliate

• 154 posts
  • Interests:hookah,movies,shooting...beer?

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

This is excellent news considering I have been wanting the Minis to release retail for a long time now! I'd say this is even better than Minis going retail... Now instead of people having to settle for the Crown Micro or Alien, they will have the best. :)

In other words, you're awesome, Eric.

Congrats to those that got them in their samples!

I agree with chreees 100%. alien and crown bowls are good but they cant beat the o.g. Now I just have to play the waiting game for these to hit market..

#9 ryno

ryno

Tangiers Enthusiast

• Privileged Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

I've smoked a few sets through mine and love it. I've actually gotten it to smoke better than a small phunnel. I mainly use either my medium phunnel or old MNH glass mini for Tangiers. This new bowl will be good for a good quick smoke without compromising much on the clouds or flavor.

#10 mavsfan31

mavsfan31

Tangiers Principal

• Select Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

Noticed both of those things when I first inspected it.

I plan on cutting coconut coals in half or sticking with Fumari's when using this. I think trying to hang off two coconut coals would burn the bowl.

I haven't smoked with it yet, but is the restriction noticeably more?
DALLAS MAVERICKS - 2011 WORLD CHAMPS

#11 shaffaaf27

shaffaaf27

Tangiers General

• Select Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Hmm, wonder if this would be a good replacement for smalls in my lounge

#12 quasar_sky

quasar_sky

Sophomore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

I was just fantasizing about being an old member and receiving the super mini in samples. Eric, you just made my day. Actually, I think you just made a lot of people extremely happy.

#13 quasar_sky

quasar_sky

Sophomore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:40 PM

On a side note, when this goes into retail production, would it cost similar to other tangier bowls or would it be a "premium" product like the mini?

#14 quasar_sky

quasar_sky

Sophomore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

Would all picos be size 8? or would there also be size 6-7 and size 9-10 picos? Of course, since they are hand made, i understand size will vary some, but since I have no experience or knowledge of making such stuff, just wanted to know if the variance is large enough that we can ask our retailer/e-tailer that we want a size 6 or size 9 pico?

P.S why cant I edit my earlier post and add this to that instead of double and triple posting? Is there a minimum post requirement for being able to edit posts?

#15 Sonthert

Sonthert

• Root Admin
  • 5,946 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

They are going to be all Specified as #8, but if they ran large (or small), they could be more aptly described as #7 or #9. They should be all about the same size (#8)

They should be in regular production in the next month or two. The cost will be the same as other Tangiers bowls, at least I will be selling them to retailers at the same price. What price they charge for them remains to be seen.

Editing posts, even in a limited time-frame is indeed a more senior member thing. People can (and do in other forums) abuse that to try to troll or bait other people.

Go ahead, triple post if you need to.

#16 quasar_sky

quasar_sky

Sophomore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

They are going to be all Specified as #8, but if they ran large (or small), they could be more aptly described as #7 or #9. They should be all about the same size (#8)

They should be in regular production in the next month or two. The cost will be the same as other Tangiers bowls, at least I will be selling them to retailers at the same price. What price they charge for them remains to be seen.

Editing posts, even in a limited time-frame is indeed a more senior member thing. People can (and do in other forums) abuse that to try to troll or bait other people.

Go ahead, triple post if you need to.

That sounds reasonable. This is the first forum I have ever seen that doesn't force stupid rules like no double posting. I guess we become programmed to follow those kinds of rules over time even when there is no requirement for it.

#17 peteskeet

peteskeet

Tangiers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

now i get it! i was just saying how its a little more restrictive. do you think putting on 2 whole fumaris also further restricts it? i was thinking of possibly breaking a coconut coal into 4ths and using 3 bits in a triangle pattern.

#18 The Damned Soul Currently Known as Banana Boy

The Damned Soul Currently Known as Banana Boy

Tangiers Principal

• Select Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

interesting, looking forward to seeing these released. Probably will stick with old mini's for now, i'll probably end up picking one up eventually in an order.

i imagine they'll be available at the lounge eventually?

#19 abzy

abzy

Buttercup

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

awesome news. i hope vendors dont shoot the price up. will these bowls be on a full regular production or just a limited time bowl.
also any info when smalls will be available agin. i broke one and looking to replace it.
cant wait to get my hands on one :)

#20 Kalewi

Kalewi

Tangiers Affiliate

• 140 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

I feel like I just won the olympics. So awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users