8 replies to this topic

#1 Joshamawog

Joshamawog

Pansy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Finally get to plan a trip to the lounge first week of October. Obviously going to stock up on a few kilos of my favorite flavors and see what's exclusive to the lounge. Curious about what stellar flavors to expect there or whether it varies week to week. Any recommendations?

Also, are there typically different colors of the temsah hoses there? I've been scoping out some on HJ website and there's only the red with gold available. So my idea is if I can only get red hoses to use colored electrical tape near the handle to differentiate flavors. My goal is to get one for fruity flavors, one for mint and one for Kashmir. Right now I use a generic leather hose for fruity flavors and sometimes a nammor hose, a tonic hose for mint and choco mint, and a km rainbow for Kashmir. The km rainbow may be starting to rust or gather some dust in there... After its been hung up for a while I have to blow it out for a few minutes otherwise I get some debris during my pulls.

Ive got about 500 set as the budget to spend at the lounge, between purchasing tobacco and hoses and actually spending time in there over two nights.

#2 joytron

joytron

Tangiers Afficianado

• Privileged Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Dont forget to make room in the budget for a new pipe and some bowls.
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, or webmaster and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

#3 Kalewi

Kalewi

Tangiers Affiliate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

That sounds fun. I've been trying to get a trip to the lounge planned as well. Hopefully I get out there soon.

#4 Joshamawog

Joshamawog

Pansy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

You're right. I need to get at least one large bowl and maybe another small, or a large and a medium. I did just get a hookah last year, so the circumstance would need to be beyond compelling to grab another one and reduce my budget by 20%.

#5 Joshamawog

Joshamawog

Pansy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:48 PM

Another aspect I'm looking forward to are the coals used by the lounge. I've never used the Japanese coals with tangiers at home. Always used coconara or HJ coals lit on the burner.

#6 joytron

joytron

Tangiers Afficianado

• Privileged Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

You're right. I need to get at least one large bowl and maybe another small, or a large and a medium. I did just get a hookah last year, so the circumstance would need to be beyond compelling to grab another one and reduce my budget by 20%.

I know you have not been to the lounge, but Eric has the nicest selection of handpicked pipes and pretty reasonable prices.
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, or webmaster and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

#7 Pavo21

Pavo21

Junior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:hmmmm...Hookah is something I enjoy.
    Snowboarding, Movies, Reading, oh and Erica I really enjoy her, along with my 2 sons :)

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

yeah he definintley does have a great selection of amazing pipes i got one from him and love it so much smokes super good :)

Also yah bring like 3 times the amount of money you wanna spend because you will spend it fast

Let it be known that Pavo and Erica smoked everyone under the table, over 8 hours straight and I dont think I saw them once without a hose in their mouths.

Posted Image

#8 Joshamawog

Joshamawog

Pansy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

I started out with about $150 set aside for the trip and have since bumped that up to $500 once I saw approx prices posted in another thread. Any further and I'll start getting some flak from my wife.

I'll take a look at the hookahs while I'm there. I'm pretty happy with my km trimetal that I got last year. Maybe in the market for a new base. Anyway, if I got something new I feel it would need to be as good or better but different. Like solid brass or a Syrian instead of brass with copper downstem like I have now. I'm not opposed to it, but it's lower on my priority list.

1. Tobacco
2. Hoses
3. Bowls (large and medium or another small)
4. Base
5. If not base, then complete hookah

#9 shaffaaf27

shaffaaf27

Tangiers General

• Select Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

The plan is to do this for my honeymoon. Seriously. That's where I am going.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users